To hear it from Hillary Clinton, the reasons for her shocking defeat at the hands of Donald Trump are varied.
They are vast.
And they have nothing to do with her.
At different points since Nov. 8, 2016, Clinton has cast blame for her brutal defeat to a man with no political experience on:
- Former FBI Director James Comey
- Coverage of her paid Wall Street speeches
- Coverage of her private email server use
- High expectations
- Fake news
- WikiLeaks and Russian interference
- American collusion with Russian interference
- The Democratic National Committee
Her supporters have also fumed about the setup of the Electoral College, and Clinton is fond of pointing out the fun trivia that she won the popular vote over Trump.
She has, however, not done much outward reflecting on the Democratic Party's wider problems with blue-collar Americans, her candidacy's messaging problems, or her decision to not campaign in blue states that Trump flipped to red, like Wisconsin and Michigan.
As Clinton memorably stated on Wednesday, "I take responsibility for every decision I made, but that's not why I lost."