What's happened: President Joe Biden, sometimes referred to as "Sleepy Joe," is celebrating his 81st birthday today.
What it means: The oldest president in American history just got a little bit older, and a little bit closer to death.
• Vice President Kamala Harris is one of the most widely disliked politicians of all time. A recent NBC News poll found that just 29 percent of registered voters held a favorable opinion of the woman who will become president if Biden dies.
• No serious contender has emerged to challenge Biden for the Democratic nomination in 2024.
What they're saying: "For President Biden, who turns 81 on Monday, another birthday may bring more liability than revelry, offering one more reminder of his age to an already skeptical electorate," the New York Times reports.
• Politico columnist Jonathan Martin wrote of Biden's reelection prospects: "The oldest president in history when he first took the oath, Biden will not be able to govern and campaign in the manner of previous incumbents. He simply does not have the capacity to do it, and his staff doesn’t trust him to even try, as they make clear by blocking him from the press."
By the numbers: Biden was born Nov. 20, 1942, at the height of Adolf Hitler's reign in Nazi Germany. The microwave oven was invented in 1945.
• The average life expectancy for American males when Biden was born was 66 years; it is currently 75.1 years. Biden would be 86.2 years old by the time he left office in 2029 after a second term. He is statistically unlikely to live that long.
• Biden's age (81.0) is more than twice his favorability rating (40.3), according to the RealClearPolitics polling average.
• The president has fallen at least eight times since Election Day in 2020. Falls are the leading cause of injury-related death among Americans aged 65 and older, according to the Centers for Disease Control.
Crucial context: Octogenarian leaders are typically corrupt despots who enrich themselves and their families at the expense of ordinary citizens. The only other countries led by individuals older than Biden are Cameroon, Iran, and Saudi Arabia.
Bottom line: Pray for America. Our president is old AF.