What's happening: The so-called scientific experts are urging people to start wearing masks again to combat the spread of COVID-19.
• CNN, a once reputable media conglomerate, reports that "a growing number of experts" are warning individuals "at high risk of serious illness or death from Covid-19" to protect themselves by wearing N95 face masks.
• President Joe Biden, 80, is particularly at risk of serious illness and death from COVID.
What they're saying: "Octogenarians comprise the highest-risk group for complications following Covid infection," Dr. Jonathan Reiner, a cardiologist, told CNN.
• Reiner continued: "At least until the numbers start to drop again, it would be appropriate for President Biden to take some precautions and wear a mask in crowds."
Why it matters: No one should care what these experts think anymore. That doesn't change the fact that Biden is very old and statistically unlikely to survive a second four-year term in the White House. Practically anything could kill him at this point—a serious fall, for example.
• Biden's continued survival is the only thing standing in the way of a Kamala Harris presidency that would undoubtedly destroy America as we know it.
By the numbers: Biden must survive another 440 days to be alive on November 5 of next year, the date of the 2024 election.
• If he wins the election, Biden must survive an additional 76 days to be sworn in for a second term on Jan. 20, 2025.
• In 1942, the year Biden was born, the average life expectancy for American males was 66 years.
Bottom line: Forcing a man as old and fragile as Joe Biden to run for reelection is elder abuse, plain and simple. Shame on the Democratic Party for enabling this travesty.