What happened: John Fetterman, the mentally impaired stroke victim and Democratic candidate for U.S. Senate in Pennsylvania, wore a suit on Thursday. He looked very bad, according to the results of a Washington Free Beacon analysis.
• Fetterman, who typically wears an oversized hoodie and cargo shorts, decided to dress up because President Joe Biden was in town to raise money and talk incoherently about infrastructure.
What they're saying:
• "Fetterman in a suit looks like he's his own bodyguard."
• "OH LOOK! Johnny Fetterman's mommy and daddy bought him a NEW SUIT!"
• "How many Little Rascals does Fetterman have inside that suit?"
• "People are calling @JohnFetterman 'Uncle Fester,' which is just ridiculous. Fester could talk."
• "Wearing a suit, Fetterman looks like a guy who was sure he was going to be a lottery pick in the NBA Draft, but didn't get selected."
• "John Fetterman is in such bad shape that they didn't even let him speak at the event with noted dementia patient Joe Biden."
Why it matters: We still don't know if Fetterman, who requires closed captioning to understand basic conversations, has the ability to dress himself. The awkward suit suggests he does not. He certainly doesn't look like a U.S. senator.
The big picture: The Democratic Party and its allies in the mainstream media are desperate to anoint Fetterman's wife Gisele as the de facto candidate in the race. "Gisele, you're going to be a great, great lady in the Senate," Biden said Thursday.
The bottom line: It's really weird. Seeing Fetterman in a suit is disorienting, like gazing into some bizarro alternate reality.
This makes more sense.
That's more like it.