ADVERTISEMENT

Benghazi Widow: Clinton Has No Right to Tell Me To Move On

• July 1, 2016 9:05 am

SHARE

A widow of one of the victims of the 2012 Benghazi terrorist attack said Thursday on CNN that Hillary Clinton had "no right" to say it's time to "move on."

"I'll leave it to others to characterize this report, but I think it's pretty clear it's time to move on," Clinton said earlier this week at a rally in Denver, Colorado, after the House Benghazi Committee released a report on its findings. Clinton's explanation for the attack and handling of the consulate's security have been scrutinized for years.

CNN's Erin Burnett asked Dr. Dorothy Woods, whose husband Tyrone was killed in the assault, how she felt when she heard this.

"I think that nobody in government can tell me how I feel, what I should feel about it," Woods said. "She has no right, nor does anyone in government, have the right to tell me it's time to move on. They're not in my shoes. You know, I think that's the essence of what they have done."

She said that the government had been "dismissive" towards the tragedy and the families of the victims.

"They've been dismissive," she said. "The committee's been ridiculed. The committee has been—they've been criticized. You know, for them to sincerely do the right thing, to care about Americans, that's what's important."

Woods ended the interview with telling the viewers about how the government has failed in handling Benghazi. She said the administration cared more about what they look like than the feelings of the victims.

CNN reported:

"It did not change my view of what happened, nor who to blame," she said. "I place a blame on this sentiment, on this attitude in the upper level of government that says, ‘Hey, you know what, I'm just going lie about this, gloss over it, because I want to protect what I look like, and I'm thinking about the next job.’"

Published under: Benghazi, CNN, Hillary Clinton