Netflix reviewers are panning comedienne Amy Schumer's new stand-up routine, which received an average rating of one out of five stars.
Netflix released last week "Amy Schumer: The Leather Special" to high expectations, but the comedy special's nearly 900 reviews have been overwhelmingly negative, the Federalist reported.
"This is as funny as an autopsy," one review read.
Other comments from the reviews included:
- "I've had migraines that were way funnier than this stand-up performance."
- "Wow, just wow, [E]mmy award for worst comedy special ever."
- "Absolutely horrible. Amy is 1 special away from being broke and homeless."
- "Literally terrible. Do not waste your time."
- "This was painful."
- "She pauses to accommodate for the applause after the jokes….. but there are no jokes so there is no applause."
- "Take this off this site please. Wasted 15 minutes of my time. Get a rising comedian, female or male, with some actual talent besides being a woman who steals old jokes."
The Decider, an entertainment and pop culture site, gathered all 876 reviews of Schumer's special and found 710 subscribers gave it one star, 85 gave it two stars, 22 gave it three stars, 17 gave it four stars, 33 gave it five stars, and nine gave it zero stars.
Amy Schumer is Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer's (D., N.Y.) cousin. The two teamed up to push for gun control legislation in 2015, after a gunman killed two women at a screening of Amy Schumer's movie Trainwreck.
Comedy Central has yet to announce when it will release the fifth season of Schumer's show "Inside Amy Schumer." It is rumored that the network may have cancelled the fifth season after the fourth performed poorly in viewership.