Vox.com has helpfully provided a demographic analysis of Hillary Clinton’s campaign launch video. For example:
Number of people in Hillary Clinton's announcement video besides Hillary Clinton: 38.
Recent Stories in Politics
Number of women: 20.
Number of people of color: 13.
Number of women of color: 7.
Number of same-sex couples: 2.
Vox was not done analyzing. The chart-stealing blog was particularly awed by the decision to include a black couple expecting a child in the video, something that spoke to Hillary’s profound understanding of the deeper truths about race relations in America: "The takeaway from the announcement video is that Clinton sees black families as no different from white families and wants the world to agree."
Unfortunately, this identity obsessed accounting of Clinton’s launch video was incomplete. Here's what a truly inclusive analysis might look like:
- Number of differently-abled Americans: Zero.*
- Number of differently-abled women: Zero.*
- Number of differently-abled Americans of color: Zero.
- Number of differently-abled women of color: Zero.
- Number of differently-abled gay Americans: Zero.
- Number of differently-abled gay Americans of color: Zero.
- Number of differently-abled gay American women of color: Zero.
- Number of differently-abled gay Americans of color expecting a child: Zero.
Hillary Clinton promised to run a campaign of "inclusive problem-solving." What a disgrace that on day one she has already made a mockery of that promise. Americans, take note.
*Whether or not Hillary Clinton can be accurately placed in this category remains an open question. We will continue to monitor for developments and update as necessary.