Welcome back to Campus Insanity, a weekly roundup of the craziest developments at our nation's 4,000-plus institutions of higher education.
6. Oregon Professor Arrested During Portland Antifa Riots | Campus Reform
A professor at the Oregon Health & Science University was arrested at an Antifa riot on Sunday for trespassing.
Recent Stories in Campus
5. University Threatens to Yank Partiers' Admissions | Washington Free Beacon
Northeastern University threatened to rescind admissions offers to more than 100 incoming freshmen who responded "yes" to a supposedly anonymous survey that asked if they planned to attend parties on campus.
4. DNC Features Wake Forest Staffer Who Identifies As Gender Transcendent Mermaid Royalty | The Christian Post
J. Mai, a Wake Forest University staffer who identifies as a "nonbinary/gender transcendent mermaid Queen-King," spoke at an LGBTQ panel at the Democratic National Convention last week.
3. Citing Black Lives Matter, Photos of Retired White Male Professors Must Be Taken Down | The College Fix
The University of Oklahoma Department of Political Science said it will remove images of retired staff members in the department’s entryway, which "exclusively includes white male faces."
2. University Compels Students to ‘Pledge to Practice Antiracist Behavior' | Campus Reform
Administrators at the University of Southern Maine sent a message to students urging them to pledge support to Black Lives Matter.
1. Beloved Mizzou Professor Under Investigation After Making Mask Joke to Chinese Student | Washington Free Beacon
A business school professor was relieved of his teaching duties after he made a joke about putting on a mask to a Chinese student—a joke that the student did not find offensive.
Want more Campus Insanity? Read Vol. 7 here.