Welcome back to Campus Insanity, a weekly roundup of the craziest developments at our nation's 4,000-plus institutions of higher education.
6. Professor: American Dream is a ‘Damaging’ Ideology For Black People | College Fix
A San Francisco State University professor said that the American Dream is a "myth" that justifies white supremacy.
5. UConn Agrees to Pay ‘White Fragility' Author $20K For 3.5 Hour Anti-Racism Lecture | Campus Reform
The University of Connecticut will pay Robin DiAngelo, author of the controversial book White Fragility, $20,000 for a lecture on anti-racism.
Recent Stories in Campus
4. Georgetown Law Professor: Senate Filibuster is a ‘White Supremacist Tool' | YAF
An LGBT Health and Law professor at Georgetown University’s law school shared on Twitter an Atlantic article that claimed that the Senate filibuster was a "monument" to white supremacy.
3. Public University Charges Student For Using President Trump as Zoom Background | College Fix
Stockton University charged student Robert Dailyda with creating a "hostile environment" in a Zoom session for using an image of the president as his background.
2. Boston University Drops F-Bomb to Encourage Safe Behavior on Campus During Pandemic | WCVB 5
Boston University officials filed a trademark for the phrase "F— IT WON’T CUT IT" and created social media accounts under that name to encourage students to wear a mask, social distance, and avoid parties while on campus.
1. The University of Georgia’s Response to COVID: Wear a Face Mask During Sex | Barstool Sports
The University of Georgia’s Health Center released a list of "considerations" for students to practice safe sex during the coronavirus pandemic, including wearing a face mask since "heavy breathing and panting can further spread the virus."
Want more Campus Insanity? Read Vol. 5 here.