Welcome back to Campus Insanity, a weekly roundup of the craziest developments at our nation's 4,000-plus institutions of higher education.
6. Emory University Approves New ‘Race and Ethnicity' Course Requirement | Campus Reform
Emory University announced that all general education students will be required to take a racial and ethnicity course in order to graduate.
5. UConn Student Government Leaders Resign, Citing Whiteness | The Daily Campus
University of Connecticut's student government president-elect and vice president-elect resigned from their positions because they are white.
"I feel that it is my duty to step down from my position to make space for [black, indigenous, and people of color] voices to truly rise and be heard," the student president-elect said.
4. University's Anti-Bigotry Reading List Includes Book That Equates Conservatism With Racism | Washington Free Beacon
George Washington University is urging students to read Conservatism and Racism, and Why in America They Are the Same in an effort to educate students about the dangers of stereotypes and bigotry.
3. Students and Professors Sign Petition to Remove ‘Offensive' White Man Symbol From Crosswalk Signs | Campus Reform
A prankster thought that student activists could not possibly condemn crosswalk signs as a white supremacist symbol. He thought wrong.
VIDEO: Students sign petition to remove "offensive" white man symbol from crosswalk signs… pic.twitter.com/2xVXLjDATT
— Cabot Phillips (@cabot_phillips) July 13, 2020
2. Professor: Term ‘Low-Hanging Fruit' is a Microaggression | The College Fix
A professor at Elgin Community College dubbed the term "low-hanging fruit" a microaggression because it reminds black people of lynching.
1. Petition to Fire NYC Professor Accused of Sleeping During Anti-Racist Meeting Gathers 2,000 Signatures | Newsweek
Nearly 2,000 people signed a petition to demand the firing of a Marymount Manhattan College professor who did not show sufficient enthusiasm during an anti-racism Zoom call. Petition organizers accused theater professor Patricia Simon of nodding off during the call. Sleep is an act of white supremacy, according to the woke.
Want more Campus Insanity? Read Vol. 1 here.