Welcome back to Campus Insanity, a weekly roundup of the craziest developments at our nation's 4,000-plus institutions of higher education.
6. Student Government Impeaches Pro-Trump Latina Student Senator Who Opposes Illegal Immigration | The College Fix
Loyola Marymount University's student government impeached a pro-Trump Latina student who serves as its senator for diversity and inclusion after a progressive student news organization uncovered her past tweets voicing opposition to illegal immigration.
5. College Offers ‘White Supremacy in the Age of Trump' Course | LaCorte News
The women and gender studies department at Smith College in Massachusetts is offering a course that will analyze white supremacy during President Donald Trump's presidential tenure.
4. University of Northern Iowa Student Government Refuses to Recognize Pro-Life Group, Calls it ‘Hate Group' | Young America's Foundation
Student senators at the University of Northern Iowa denied a Students for Life group official club recognition and equated its advocacy for the unborn to white supremacy.
3. Math Association Says Math ‘Inherently Carries Human Biases,' Citing Critical Race Theory | Campus Reform
The Mathematical Association of America's Committee on Minority Participation in Mathematics said that because math was created by humans, it "inherently carries human biases." Nerds.
2. Duke Faculty Approves Proposal for ‘Inequality Studies' Minor | The College Fix
Beginning in 2021, students at Duke University will be able to earn a minor in "Inequality Studies," in collaboration with the school's Samuel DuBois Cook Center on Social Equity.
1. Professors Calls for ‘Civil Disobedience' to Stop Amy Coney Barrett Confirmation | Campus Reform
In response to Amy Coney Barrett's nomination to the Supreme Court, several professors at leading universities have compared the Republican Party to Nazis and Confederates, while others have expressed a willingness to do "whatever it takes" to stop her confirmation.
Want more Campus Insanity? Read Vol. 14 here.
Published under: Campus Insanity