Brian Stelter, the former CNN media correspondent who was fired last August amid the network's purge of partisan and controversial personalities, on Monday announced he found a new gig, as a correspondent for Vanity Fair.
Stelter said he would take up a temporary position at Vanity Fair covering the trial over Dominion Voting Systems' lawsuit against Fox News. Stelter’s CNN segment Reliable Sources was canceled in August after new company leadership pushed to reduce partisan reporting.
"I'll be writing weekly columns about Dominion v. Fox and hosting a special edition of VF's ‘Inside the Hive’ podcast, called ‘Fox on Trial,’ with new episodes each Thursday until there's a verdict," Stelter announced on Twitter.
Dominion Voting Systems' lawsuit against Fox News accuses the network of spreading false claims about the company’s voting machines and software after the 2020 presidential election.
Vanity Fair reported in August that Stelter’s TV segment, Reliable Sources, was scrapped under new CNN chief Chris Licht in an effort to reduce partisanship in CNN coverage.
Stelter developed a reputation for overtly critical coverage of former president Donald Trump during his administration. The same month Stelter was fired from the network, CNN parted ways with legal analyst Jeffrey Toobin, who had been suspended in 2020 after exposing himself on a work Zoom call.
Stelter famously nodded along as a guest on Reliable Sources in 2019 said that Trump "may be responsible for many more million deaths" than the dictators Adolf Hitler, Joseph Stalin, and Mao Zedong.