Leftist demonstrations have been mostly peaceful, according to the mainstream media, but instances of violence and intimidation have become impossible to ignore. From vicious attacks on police officers to instances of vandalism too bizarre to be made up, here are the week’s most notable bouts of left-wing violence and threats.
7. Activist Shaun King Threatens to Dox Random Police Officers | Washington Free Beacon
Far-left activist and commentator Shaun King threatened to release the personal information of police officers who may or may not have shot Jacob Blake in Kenosha, Wis.
6. Left-Wing Protesters Bring Back the Guillotine | The Independent
Portland protesters guillotined a large teddy bear—a stand-in for Democratic mayor Ted Wheeler—during a protest in the city.
BLM has brought a guillotine to the residential streets of Portland with a Teddy Bear under the blade.
Teddy is a common reference directed towards Portland Mayor @tedwheeler pic.twitter.com/PMhkqJSCWZ
— Cauci Hawkeye (@CauciHawkeye) August 23, 2020
The symbol of terror was also used in front of billionaire Jeff Bezos's home Thursday.
Protesters assembled outside of @JeffBezos's DC home have constructed a guillotine. pic.twitter.com/pDFcTg81K9
— Washington Examiner (@dcexaminer) August 27, 2020
5. BLM Protesters Vandalize Dinosaur Museum | The Post Millennial
Protesters vandalized a dinosaur museum in Kenosha and tore down a statue of a dilophosaurus, an Early Jurassic dinosaur whose presence in North America predated slavery by about 193 million years.
Black Lives Matter rioters attacked the Kenosha Dinosaur Discovery Museum and tore down a statue of a dinosaur in the name of racial justice. pic.twitter.com/25xZNIG7Pz
— Ian Miles Cheong (@stillgray) August 26, 2020
4. Portland Protesters Vandalize City Hall, Light Fires Outside Police Union Headquarters | OregonLive
On Tuesday, a group of hundreds of protesters marched to City Hall, breaking windows and doors and forcing their way into the building to vandalize parts of the rotunda. The damage to City Hall followed a march on Portland's police headquarters Monday, where rioters lit a fire outside the building.
3. 'Fiery But Mostly Peaceful Protests' in Kenosha | CNN
CNN drew mockery on social media after displaying a chyron stating that Kenosha saw "Fiery but mostly peaceful protests after police shooting."
2. BLM Heckles DC Diners, Demanding Solidarity | The Washington Post
Black Lives Matter demonstrators accosted diners in Washington, D.C., yelling in the faces of those who did not raise their fists in solidarity with the protesters.
1) In a scene that played out several times Monday, a Black Lives Matter protest that began in Columbia Heights confronted White diners outside D.C. restaurants, chanting 'White silence is violence!" and demanding White diners show their solidarity. #DCProtests pic.twitter.com/fJbPM76vb0
— Fredrick Kunkle WaPo (@KunkleFredrick) August 25, 2020
1. Seattle Rioters Use Rebar and Quick-Drying Concrete to Try to Trap and Burn Cops | KING5 News
Seattle rioters tried to seal officers inside a police precinct and light it on fire. "I think what this shows you is that these people are intent on killing police officers," the president of the Seattle Police Guild said. He called the perpetrators "domestic terrorists."
Published under: Violence