Welcome back to Campus Insanity, a weekly roundup of the craziest developments at our nation's 4,000-plus institutions of higher education.
6. Willamette University Director: ‘Every White Person in This Country is Racist' | Campus Reform
Sue Minder, Willamette University’s director of accessible education, claimed that every white person in America is racist in a webinar series on race.
Recent Stories in Campus
5. Judge Rules University of California Cannot Use SAT, ACT Tests in Admissions | Washington Free Beacon
The University of California school system is no longer allowed to use standardized tests in the admissions process because a judge ruled that the tests give an unfair advantage to "non-disabled, economically advantaged, and white" students.
4. Syracuse Professor Put on Leave, Under Investigation for Using Term ‘Wuhan Flu' | The College Fix
Syracuse University chemistry professor Jon Zubieta used the terms "Wuhan Flu" and "Chinese Communist Party Virus," prompting the university to put him on leave.
3. UNC Prof: Whites ‘Deputized' to Murder Blacks in Kenosha | Washington Free Beacon
Associate professor Tressie McMillan Cottom tweeted that white people had been "deputized" to murder black people in reference to Kyle Rittenhouse, who allegedly shot and killed two white men who were chasing him in Kenosha, Wisconsin.
2. Skidmore College Activists Demand Firing of Pro-Police Faculty. School Doesn't Rule It Out | WAMC
Skidmore University president Marc Conner said the school would consider a list of 19 demands created by student activists, one of which calls on the university to fire three pro-police professors.
1. Theology Professor Compares Nun Who Spoke at RNC to Nazi | The College Fix
Catholic Theological Union professor and priest Daniel Horan compared Sister Deirdre Byrne—who defended President Donald Trump’s pro-life record at the Republican National Convention—to a Nazi in a tweet, which he later deleted.
Want more Campus Insanity? Read Vol. 8 here.