CBS: Federal Investigations Show Clinton Email Scandal ‘Is Not Over’

BY:

CBS correspondent Nancy Cordes said Hillary Clinton’s email scandal that has dogged her for a year “is not over” while concluding a report on the Democratic primary Tuesday.

“Last night, the State Department released its final batch of Clinton’s 30,000 private emails that she sent as secretary of state,” Cordes said. “In the end, more than 2,000 of those emails were deemed either partially or completely classified.

“The Clinton campaign is glad to get the drip-drip-drip behind them, but this is not over, Norah. There are still FBI investigations and a federal judge is calling on some of her aides to testify about why that server was set up.”

Cordes did not mention the emails Clinton professed to having already wiped of the server last year.

The judge’s decision referenced by Cordes refers to U.S. District Judge Emmet G. Sullivan of Washington, who, according to the Washington Post, ruled last week “that State Department officials and top aides to Hillary Clinton should be questioned under oath about whether they intentionally thwarted federal open records laws.”

Also, the federal investigation into Clinton’s email practices and mishandling of classified material continues. Nevertheless, Clinton appears poised for a big Super Tuesday and already holds a commanding delegate lead over Sen. Bernie Sanders (I., Vt.) for the Democratic presidential nomination.

This month marks a full year since Clinton’s email scandal came to light after a New York Times report revealed her exclusive use of a private email server to conduct business at the State Department. The “drip-drip-drip” nature of its revelations have done damage to Clinton’s honesty marks with voters.

THE MORNING BEACON DAILY NEWSLETTER
MAKES IT EASIER TO STAY INFORMED
Get the news that matters most to you, delivered straight to your inbox daily.

Register today!