Senior Donald Trump campaign officials refused to take action against the Republican nominee’s one-time North Carolina state director after he allegedly pulled a gun on a former staffer, according to a new lawsuit.
Vincent Bordini, who filed the lawsuit in a North Carolina superior court Wednesday, accused former state director Earl Phillip of putting his finger on the trigger of a pistol and pushing the barrel into Bordini’s knee cap while the two were driving to check on campaign volunteers in Greenville, S.C. earlier this year.
Recent Stories in Politics
The lawsuit said the gun was loaded with the safety off while Phillip was driving his Jeep in February, according to North Carolina’s WBTV.
"A bump in the road would likely result in a bullet hole, and worse, in Vincent’s knee," the lawsuit said.
Bordini allegedly reported the incident to the Trump campaign’s national field director, Stuart Jolly, but no action resulted from the complaint, according to the lawsuit.
Bordini said he then spoke on the phone with former campaign manager Corey Lewandowski to report the situation, but he "did nothing to correct Phillip’s brazen behavior."
"He certainly didn’t suspend or terminate him," the suit read.
The Trump campaign replaced Phillip as North Carolina’s state director last week.
Bordini charged in the lawsuit that Phillip had pulled a gun on at least two other campaign members.