Conservative talk radio host Dana Loesch reminded Chelsea Clinton on Thursday that her mother, Hillary Clinton, misled the public on what initiated the 2012 Benghazi terror attack after the former first daughter knocked President Trump for discussing what dessert he ate during his meeting last week with Chinese President Xi Jinping.
Chelsea Clinton tweeted Wednesday afternoon that she found it "disturbing" Trump remembered what dessert he ate with Xi at his Mar-a-Lago estate in West Palm Beach, Florida, but not what country he ordered missile strikes against last Thursday night.
Disturbing that Trump remembers what he ate (chocolate cake) - but not where he sent missiles (Syria, not Iraq as he says until corrected) https://t.co/FItavMaNCA
— Chelsea Clinton (@ChelseaClinton) April 12, 2017
During an interview with Fox Business host Maria Bartiromo that aired Wednesday morning, Trump said, "We had the most beautiful piece of chocolate cake that you have ever seen," while discussing when he told Xi that he ordered U.S. military strikes on a Syrian government airfield.
Just seeing this—WATCH: Trump told Pres. Xi about missile strikes over "the most beautiful piece of chocolate cake." pic.twitter.com/3gSBnIPerc
— Kyle Griffin (@kylegriffin1) April 12, 2017
Trump had mistakenly said the strikes targeted Iraq, before Bartiromo clarified that he meant Syria, which led Clinton to attack the president via Twitter.
Loesch responded to Clinton on Twitter by saying she found it "disturbing" the former first daughter's mother misled the American people on what caused the Benghazi attack, which resulted in the deaths of four Americans, including then-U.S. Ambassador to Libya Christopher Stevens.
Disturbing that your mom told you in email Benghazi was a terror attack while lying to America, victims families blaming it on a video. https://t.co/Mnwffvl0G8
— Dana Loesch (@DLoesch) April 13, 2017
Loesch was referencing when the failed 2016 Democratic presidential candidate emailed her daughter on the night of the Benghazi attack and said it was perpetrated by an "al Qaeda-like group" in what appeared to be a planned assault.
A few hours later, Hillary Clinton released a statement suggesting the terrorist attack was caused by a spontaneous mob responding to an anti-Muslim YouTube video.
Clinton as secretary of state and other top Obama administration officials claimed the attack was a direct response to a video, but it has since been revealed that the assault on the American diplomatic compound in Benghazi, Libya was a planned and coordinated attack by extremists unrelated to any video.
The State Department reaffirmed in June that an anti-Islamic video did not motivate the attacks, while a report produced last year by the House Select Committee on Benghazi showed the Obama administration believed the assault was a planned terrorist attack before senior officials said publicly the video was responsible.