What happened: President Joe Biden tried to console Maui residents after deadly wildfires ravaged the Hawaiian island earlier this month. It did not go well.
• Once there, Biden compared the fires in Maui, which killed at least a hundred and possibly more than a thousand, to the time his home briefly caught fire after being struck by lightning in 2004. "I almost lost my wife, my '67 Corvette, and my cat," he empathized. "But all kidding aside."
• The blaze at Biden's home in 2004 was "insignificant" and "was contained in 20 minutes," according to firefighters at the scene.
Why it matters: The 1967 Corvette was not destroyed in the minor fire Biden compared to the deadly wildfires in Maui. That was great news for Biden at the time. In retrospect, it was also great news for Republican investigators and all who believe the American people deserve to know the truth about the Biden crime family.
• Nearly two decades later, the 1967 Corvette Stingray would implicate Joe Biden in the shady foreign business dealings of his crackhead son Hunter Biden.
• Among the documents recovered from Hunter Biden's laptop are several photos of Hunter driving his father's vintage Corvette near the family home in Delaware where Joe Biden stored boxes of classified documents.
• The date the photos were taken—July 30, 2017—just happens to coincide with text messages Hunter sent to a Chinese business tycoon invoking his father's name. "I am sitting here waiting for the call with my father," Hunter texted Henry Zhao, an official at a Chinese energy firm with ties to the communist country's military intelligence service. "I sure hope whatever it is you are doing is very very important."
Crucial context: Evidence uncovered by the Washington Free Beacon and congressional investigators contradicts statements Biden has made over the years regarding Hunter's controversial business arrangements.
• Biden repeatedly claimed that he had "never spoken" with Hunter about "his overseas business dealings." Evidence suggests this isn't true.
• Biden claimed during a 2020 debate with Donald Trump that Hunter "has not made money in ... China." That is categorically false. Hunter Biden recently admitted in court to earning millions of dollars from Chinese sources.
Bottom line: Joe Biden doesn't care about the residents of Maui, and he certainly doesn't care about you.