ADVERTISEMENT

O’Reilly Rips ‘Unprofessional’ Montel Williams for Walking Out on Show, Says He’ll Never Be Allowed On Again

• July 20, 2016 8:46 pm

SHARE

Fox News host Bill O'Reilly went off on Montel Williams Wednesday evening, apparently for walking off the show before a scheduled appearance.

O'Reilly snapped to fellow host Eric Bolling that Williams would never be allowed on the program again for being "unprofessional."

"He walked out in a huff, right? The producer tells me he was mad about some gay thing," O'Reilly said.

Bolling and O'Reilly couldn't figure out what that exactly meant.

"His loss, Bill," Bolling said.

"It isn't his loss, because he'll never be on this program again," O'Reilly said. "He's not a man of his word. He's unprofessional, and Montel, I know you for a long time, but that's about as low as it gets."

Williams responded angrily to O'Reilly's words in a series of tweets shredding the cable giant, including calling him a narcissist who doesn't respond well to rejection.

He told CNN that the segment subject of an LGBT speech he'd given earlier had been switched on him at the last minute. CNN reports:

Williams, who spoke to CNNMoney after the incident, offered a more specific account: He said he'd been told that the segment was going to focus on an LGBT speech that he'd given earlier in the day, as well as a poll suggesting that President Obama is a racist (Williams intended to knock that poll down).

But when he arrived, Williams said, he was told the segment was only going to be about the poll. "Suddenly [Fox News host] Eric Bolling is involved and it's all about Obama being a racist," Williams said. "I walked before air, they chased me half way around the building. My detail had to stop them."

"I'm solely focused on my [LGBT] speech," he said. "When that was eliminated, why stay?"

Note: This article has been updated to show Williams' response.

Published under: Bill O'Reilly, Fox News