De Blasio: New York City Vehicle Attack Being Treated as Terrorism

New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio / Getty

BY:

New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio announced Tuesday evening that the attack on Manhattan's west side, which killed at least eight and injured over a dozen more, is being treated as terrorism.

"Let me be clear that, based on the information we have at this moment, this was an act of terror, and a particularly cowardly act of terror aimed at civilians, aimed at people going about their lives, who had no idea what was about to hit them," he said. "We at this moment, based on the information we have, we know of eight innocent people who lost their lives, and over a dozen more injured."

Police have taken a suspect into custody, and he made a statement to officials leading them to conclude it was a terror attack, according to reports. The police also said the killer is 29 years old.

De Blasio made the statement from a New York Police Department building in Manhattan.

Paul Crookston

Paul Crookston   Email Paul | Full Bio | RSS
Paul Crookston is a media analyst with the Washington Free Beacon. He was previously a Collegiate Network fellow at National Review. A 2016 graduate of Gordon College in Wenham, Mass., he served as the managing editor of the Tartan campus newspaper. He is originally from Tampa, Fla., but he still roots for Dad’s Ohio teams. His Twitter handle is @P_Crookston. He can be reached at crookston@freebeacon.com.

×
THE MORNING BEACON DAILY NEWSLETTER
MAKES IT EASIER TO STAY INFORMED
Get the news that matters most to you, delivered straight to your inbox daily.

Register today!
  • Grow your email list exponentially
  • Dramatically increase your conversion rates
  • Engage more with your audience
  • Boost your current and future profits