This week's episode of the Substandard is probably the best episode of the Substandard ever. In it, JVL and Victorino and I use the news peg of Rogue One to spend 20 minutes talking about old Star Wars toys and 30 minutes talking about why the Empire in Star Wars is actually Good. Give it a listen! Subscribe here!
As I mentioned in the podcast, I'm including a compendium of sorts here: A one-stop-shop for pro-Empire, anti-Rebellion pieces. Here we go:
- "The Case for the Empire." The essay that started it all!
- "The destruction of Alderaan was completely justified." Featuring the Tarkin Doctrine, the Jedi States of the Alderaan System (JSAS), and more.
- "Are Droids Slaves?" We failed to mention this in the podcast, but it's an important piece about the immorality of the Rebellion.
- "9 Reasons the Jedi Are the Bad Guys in Star Wars." They really are the worst.
- "The Pastiest Rebellion of All Time." People say the Empire is modeled on Nazi Germany; what this piece presupposes is, actually the Rebellion literally is.
- "The Radicalization of Luke Skywalker: A Jedi's Path to Jihad." You know who else lived in caves and taught young men to destroy structures erected by decadent enemies? Important and thought-provoking piece by Twitter's Comfortably Smug.
- "The Darth Side." A humanizing look at Anakin Skywalker and the true appeal of the ways of the Sith.
- "Jar Jar Binks: Secret Sith." Most fan theories are bad but this one seems about right.
- "The Ewok Holocaust." Blowing up the Death Star II would almost certainly have wiped out the Ewoks. Just saying, is all.