Protesters and police in Kiev, Ukraine, clashed once again over the weekend.
At issue this time is a tough anti-protest bill pushed through the Ukrainian parliament last week. Political opposition says the legislation will lead to a police state.
The laws "ban any unauthorized installation of tents, stages, or use of loud-speakers in public," Reuters reports. The new laws were denounced by the United States and other Western nations.
The weekend's protests were just the latest in the cycle of protests that have been ongoing since late November. Protests broke out that month because of the government's decision not to sign a trade and integration deal with the European Union.
The Washington Free Beacon assembled five shocking photos from the weekend's protests.
1. Riot police officers throw stun grenades at anti-government protesters
2. A stun grenade explodes as protesters clash with police
3. Opposition leader and former WBC heavyweight boxing champion Vitali Klitschko is attacked and sprayed with a fire extinguisher
4. Seen through a vehicle torched by protesters overnight, police officers block a street during unrest
5. A protester throws a stone towards a burning police bus
Published under: Ukraine