Netflix has announced the next season of the political drama "House of Cards" will be the hit show's last.
The show, starring Kevin Spacey, has already begun filming the sixth season, Deadline reports.
Recent Stories in Culture
The announcement comes in the wake of allegations concerning the show's star. Spacey has come under fire following a Sunday report from Buzzfeed in which actor Anthony Rapp accused Spacey of sexually harassing him in 1986 when he was only 14-years-old. Rapp alleged that Spacey, then 26-years-old, had invited Rapp over for a party at his apartment. At the end of the night, Rapp realized he was the only one still there, and soon got the impression Spacey was drunk. He said Spacey then picked him up, put him on his bed, and climbed on top of him in an attempt to "seduce him." Rapp said he was able to ultimately "squirm" away.
Space released a statement in response to the allegations where he said he didn't remember the incident with the Broadway star, but regrets it, if it did happen. He also used the statement as an opportunity to come out as gay. Some, including outspoken activist Rose McGowan, criticized the Hollywood star on Monday for combining his apology with a coming-out statement.
"House of Cards" producer Media Rights Capital and Netflix released a joint statement on Monday.
"Media Rights Capital and Netflix are deeply troubled by last night’s news concerning Kevin Spacey," the statement said. "In response to last night’s revelations, executives from both of our companies arrived in Baltimore this afternoon to meet with our cast and crew to ensure that they continue to feel safe and supported. As previously scheduled, Kevin Spacey is not working on set at this time."