Virginia’s gubernatorial candidate Terry McAuliffe has spent the last few months getting to know the state by stumping from town to town.
The interactions between McAuliffe and Virginians do not seem to be going too smoothly, according to a profile on the candidate by Paul Schwartzman in Sunday’s Washington Post.
Recent Stories in Politics
The Washington Free Beacon put together a list of McAuliffe’s best quotes from his state tour:
1. "Terry McAuliffe, I’m running for governor"
2. "How’s lunch?"
McAuliffe caught a man off-guard to ask him about his meal.
"Good," the man replied in the middle of his bite.
3. "I’ve got notebooks and notebooks with great ideas"
McAuliffe is proud of the small notebook he has been traveling with across the state.
4. "It’s like the Ritz-Carlton or something!"
McAuliffe was enamored by a towel folded into the shape of a swan at Inova Alexandria Hospital.
5. "Wow, long ride!"
McAuliffe arrived a hour and a half late for a meeting with six educators, blaming traffic on Interstate 95. One had to leave for a doctor’s appointment, leaving only five at the meeting.
6. "So, what keeps you up at night?"
7. "Can I put my eyeballs up here?"
8. "Are there any hands left to shake?"
9. "Oh boy!" "Wow!" "Fantastic!" "Love it!"
McAuliffe has been quite excitable on his tour of Virginia.
10. "Where do you hope to be in 10 years?"
McAuliffe has been asking executives around the state about their life aspirations.