The State Department said on Monday that it has no emails from Hillary Clinton’s personal tech aide Bryan Pagliano, a department staffer who also maintained Clinton’s private email server.
Documents are now showing the State Department missed a deadline set by itself for establishing a special document review unit last year for the Benghazi terrorist attack investigation, Fox News reports.
A watchdog group said on Tuesday that the State Department withheld a document that would have revealed Hillary Clinton’s use of a private email address two years ago, before finally agreeing to release it earlier this month.
State Department officials removed files from the secretary’s office related to the Benghazi attack in Libya and transferred them to another department after receiving a congressional subpoena last spring, delaying the release of the records to Congress for over a year.
The U.S. State Department reached an agreement with the watchdog group Judicial Watch on Friday that would allow the organization’s attorneys to depose Hillary Clinton’s top aides about the “creation and operation” of her private email server.