Overnight, the State Department released the newest tranche of emails from Hillary Clinton's time as Secretary of State. The emails were released quietly at 2 a.m. Friday morning, a week after the State Department's imposed deadline.
CBS Charlie Rose highlighted that out of 2,900 pages of emails, 66 of the emails were upgraded to classified status and one of the emails is now considered top secret.
"In another, the former Secretary of State reacts to a staffer's message saying ‘I was surprised that he used personal email accounts as if he is at State,'" Rose said.
The email that Rose read was a response Clinton had sent to an aide when she received an email from John Godfrey. Godfrey sent Clinton an analysis of Libya post-Gaddafi. The analysis included classified information from State Department reviewers that was not released to the public.
Clinton has come under intense scrutiny for her use of a personal email account during her time at the State Department.
The Washington Post reports that the newest emails released include some from September 11, 2012, the night that the United States consulate in Benghazi was attacked by terrorists, killing four Americans.
"Two of our officers were killed in Benghazi by an al Qaeda-like group: The Ambassador, whom I handpicked and a young communications officer on temporary duty w a wife and two young children. Very hard day and I fear more of the same tomorrow. Let's try again later," Clinton wrote in an email to Chelsea Clinton.
Families of those killed in the Benghazi terrorist attacks have said that the information that Clinton was sending through email was information that was previously denied to them.
The January release of Clinton's emails now puts the percentage of released emails at 82-percent.