Kinzinger: Clinton Shouted at Lawmaker for Suggesting Benghazi Was a Terror Attack in Week After Incident


Rep. Adam Kinzinger (R., Ill.) alleged former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton shouted down a lawmaker for suggesting the Benghazi attack was an act of terrorism Friday on “Fox & Friends.”

Kinzinger, a Major in the Air National Guard, recounted the story of the closed Congressional briefing where he claims Clinton angrily rebuked a member of Congress for classifying Benghazi as a terrorist attack:

TUCKER CARLSON: Recap the scene, this is right after Benghazi, behind closed doors, the secretary of state then Hillary Clinton meeting with members of Congress, someone suggested it’s a terror attack and she’s says —

ADAM KINZINGER: Yeah, basically in a very loud, angry voice she says it’s irresponsible to even suggest this is a terror attack, this is a YouTube video, we know that there are protests all over and we need to be very careful on how we’re saying this and basically chided this member of Congress. To me, I actually sat there in that meeting believed well the secretary actually believes this is a YouTube video because of how passionately she’s arguing it. Now we find out, well they knew the whole time this was a terror attack including when it was happening. To me as a military member, I’d like to think that my country would never leave me in a bad situation. They tell us that when I went to survival training. And then secondly, if I do happen to die in service to my country, I’d think that my country would not deny me the honor of having died in service in the war on terror versus in service of a YouTube video. And in essence, that’s where we were leading until all the evidence stacked up that we knew from the beginning that this was an organized terror attack.

The closed door meeting in question occurred nine days after the Benghazi attack, according to a Clinton rep.

However, there are numerous indications that members of the Obama administration knew quickly the attack was terror related.

Last week, former U.S. Attorney Joe DiGenova charged the assault on the U.S. mission actually concerned 400 stolen surface-to-air missiles, raising further questions as to what Clinton may have known when speaking in the aforementioned briefing and in her January testimony: