House Republicans came to the aid of Comcast this week in the telecommunications giant’s ongoing struggle with the Federal Communications Commission over the status of the Tennis Channel.
Thirty-four members, led by Rep. Fred Upton (R., Mich.) and Rep. Greg Walden (R., Ore.), signed a letter to the FCC, criticizing the regulatory body’s interference in the programming carriage rules, according to Adweek.
Comcast has been battling with the FCC over the programming tier of the Tennis Channel, which Comcast prices as a premium network. An FCC administrative law judge ruled in December that the cable provider must treat the Tennis Channel like it does the Golf Channel and Versus, both of which Comcast owns.
The FCC is expected to make a ruling on a review of the case soon, according to Adweek.
Comcast acquired NBC Universal in 2009, and controls 51 percent of the network (General Electric Company owns the remaining 49 percent stake).